You are here
Information & Privacy Officer needed ASAP!!
- Highly-recognised Government Body
- Available to start immediately!
About Our Client
Our client is a highly-recognised Government body.
Our client is in urgent need for an Information & Privacy Officer to join their Sydney CBD team, to be responsible for the following key tasks:-
- Administer and make decisions regarding GIPA applications in accordance with policy and legislative requirements ensuring that decisions are capable of withstanding rigorous external scrutiny.
- Monitor the application of GIPA Act principles and requirements and provide information on emerging issues such as impact on workload and cost, implications for policy development and the publication of information.
- Assist in maintaining records and statistical information including disclosure log, records of all open access information that is not published because of an overriding public interest against disclosure and records of informal release as required by the GIPA Act.
- Assist in managing and responding to complaints of breaches of privacy.
- Provide confidential and timely advice to managers and staff in relation to Right to Information, Privacy and Personal Information Protection, Complaints handling and requests for information consistent with legislation and Government and Departmental policy.
- Assist and support with the provision of briefs, information and reports regarding information, privacy and complaints.
The role is to start as soon as possible and will be for a term of at least 2 to 3 months initially but with a view to become an ongoing, permanent position depending on the demand and success of the Officer appointed.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will:-
- Have thorough knowledge and understanding in the application of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 and the Privacy & Personal Information Protections Act 1998.
- Have sound knowledge of good governance principles.
- Ideally be an admitted solicitor in NSW, but this is not essential
- Familiar with excel and TRIM/RM8 software
- Prioritise and manage multiple tasks and demands including matters with critical turnaround times.
- Exercise discretion in determining the approach to work undertaken and be responsible for interpretation, recommendations made and delivering client and departmental outcomes.
- Formulation of sound decisions regarding GIPA applications in accordance with policy and legislative requirements.
- High attention to detail and ability to manage conflicting priorities in a complex, high volume environment.
- Communicate information to a variety of stakeholders through written reports and briefs.
What's on Offer
An Information & Privacy Officer responsible for managing and administering Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA) applications, as well as providing advice to managers and staff on information requests and privacy matters, required to start immediately!