You are here
Infrastructure Analyst - Level 1 to 3
- First to third level support - sole IT contact in Sydney
- Professional, high pressured environment
About Our Client
My client are an Investment Equities firm that are currently in the process of setting up a twenty person office in Sydney.
Based in the UK, this reputable firm are looking to add a sole person to deal with all levels of IT issues.
This position will require international travel.
- Undertake daily operational checks, investigating and resolving any problems identified.
- Provide administration and support of corporate desktop, server, telephony and LAN & WAN administration as well as providing support for Front office investment systems.
- Provide assistance to users experiencing problems and implement steps to prevent a reoccurrence.
- Test hardware, software and operating systems to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work.
- Research and evaluate technology enhancements and make recommendations on how the IT environment could be improved to enhance the functionality for the users within the team globally.
- Document all software and hardware installations.
- Liaise with external providers of hardware and software to resolve IT issues.
- Provide training to customers when processes change or new functionality becomes available.
- Assist with the analysis and design of systems support projects and general system enhancements.
- Ensure the IT infrastructure is developed and supported in accordance with the ITIL framework.
The Successful Applicant
- Some previous experience supporting Microsoft File and Print Services in a Windows environment would be desirable.
- Proven ability to operate autonomously and also to work effectively within a team environment.
- Proven ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
- Sound 'client/customer' focus.
- Commitment to timely and accurate resolution of enquiries and problems combined with proven ability to handle complaints and resolve escalations.
- Self-aware, takes responsibility for own development.
- Flexible and adaptable - team player willing to assist others and contribute to team outcomes.
- Good knowledge and experience of Network technologies such as TCP/IP and Ethernet.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Client operating systems and MS office suite. Windows XP and Office 2007/2010/2013.
The chosen candidate will be required to support the following:
- Checkpoint Firewalls
- Virtual environment,
- Exchange server
- Cisco phone system
- 20 users
What's on Offer
- Permanent opportunity
- International training and travel
- Join a growing organisation
- Highly professional environment