You are here
- Seeking an experienced senior technical specialist/Integration Developer
- Inner west location
About Our Client
My government client seeking an experienced senior technical specialist/Integration Developer who will work as part of the development team on the 3rd Party Integration Project.
The role will be to provide expertise in developing integration components to support the sharing of data between the Department's Systems and 3rd Party Application Vendors.
The role will require strong understanding of application design and development using the Java programming language and data integration technologies.
Day-to-day activities will include:
- Report to the project manager
- Deliver an integrated timetabling solution for Schools as part of the 3rd Party Integration program
- Deliver solutions for other 3rd party integration's according to the 3rd party development roadmap
- Coordinate with other teams (middleware, Linux and QA) for BAU and development tasks
- Documenting and updating application specific artefacts
- Coordinating with Helpdesk and level-2 support for effective incident management
- Escalate decisions and unresolved problems appropriately
- Assist in the planning process to ensure timescales for development and implementation take account of users' needs and constraints
- Assist with performance tuning of existing restful provisioning interfaces and acquisition interfaces.
- Develop, unit test and support testing
The Successful Applicant
Candidate must have:
- 8 years' Java development experience in Java Standard Edition (Java SE)
- 5 years' Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE) development experience in JMS, JPA, EJB, JDBC and JBoss EAP (2 years' minimum with version 6 or above)
- Solid SOA development experience in SOAP-based Web services, RESTful Web services and business processes using WSDL, SOAP, JSON, XML, XSL, XSD, XSLT, WS-I, BPEL, BPMN and WS-Security
- Demonstrated data experience in Oracle RDBMS 12c and Microsoft SQL Server
- Demonstrated Java framework experience in Apache Camel, Spring Framework and Hibernate
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to design XML stylesheets (XSL), XML schemas (XSD), relational database schemas (SQL) and object oriented models (UML)
- Demonstrated ability to identify and apply design patterns in enterprise integration, Java EE and Java SE environments
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) (requirements, design, implementation, testing, deployment, maintenance, technical documentation)
- Experience in system integration testing and performance tuning of highly software scalable software systems
- Experience in configuration management tools such as Apache Maven, Git, Bamboo, Confluence and JIRA
- Experience working in a Unix environment (e.g. Red Hat Enterprise Linux)
Be good to have:
- Sun Certified Java SE and Java EE developer
- Big data development experience using Cloudera CDH including Apache Hadoop, HDFS and HBase
- Java GUI development knowledge and/or experience using JSF
- Tibco EMS, Tibco ActiveMatrix Service Bus and Tibco ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks
- Schools Interoperability Framework (SIF)
What's on Offer
What's on Offer
6 Month initial contract based in inner west location.