You are here
International Sales Manager
- International Sales Mananager for a large ingredients manufacturer
- Take on a leadership role across the Asia-Pacific region
About Our Client
The Manildra Group is an Australian agribusiness based in Sydney, who specialise in the production of food and industrial products: bakery and flour premixes, gluten, syrups, starch, ethanol, sugar, stock feed, beef and lamb, canola oil.
The organisation has recently increased its production and is looking to increase their volume of export sales to the Asia-Pacific market targeting the food, paper and fermentation industries in Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, Korea and Japan.
During this period of increased production and export growth the business is looking to appoint an International Sales Manager to oversee all export sales for the group. This will include all Australian based export sales staff, employees in Korea, Taiwan, Philippines and Indonesia, as well as all the third party agency and distribution partners across the region.
As the International Sales Manager you will be responsible for the overall performance of the export sales business, with one key objective - selling out of all products produced. You will be highly client facing travelling across the region for 1-2 weeks per month and meeting key decision makers across the main client base.
Key industry verticals that the team target include the manufacturing of paper, corrugated cardboard and plasterboard, the manufacturing of food; confectionery, noodles, food service and bakeries, and in the fermentation industry for MSG and Soy Sauce. Your role will be to work with your team of export sales professionals to target those markets and ensure volume sales of tonnage of product.
You will be required to have a high level of internal stakeholder interaction, ensuring close correspondence with the plant managers and operations team to ensure smooth fulfilment and supply chain management, as well as the export documentation department. The Group is the largest exporter of product from Port Botany and working closely with the supply chain group is crucial to the fulfilment of sales orders across the region.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be required to have a combination of the following;
- A proven track record in International / Export sales
- A strong knowledge in the ingredients, raw materials or chemicals industries, working for manufacturers who export large quantities of product overseas
- Experience managing a team of sales professionals, both local, interstate and overseas
- Exposure to working with businesses and understand of cultures and buying patterns across Asia-Pacific, in particular into Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, Korea and Japan
- Comfort working in a family-owned business environment where strict KPI management and rigid reporting is secondary to an entrepreneurial spirit and results centric approach
What's on Offer
Located in the near the Inner W. Sydney the successful International Sales Manager will earn the opportunity to take on a senior leadership position within the family company and key role in the group's performance. You will be well rewarded with a strong base salary, superannuation, and company car.