You are here
- Immediate start
- Central location
About Our Client
A large well known, established and respected customer focused government organistaion is looking for an IR manager to lead a team of workplace relations professionals.
As the IR Manager, you will provide the strategy and delivery of industrial relations advice which includes but is not limited to;
- working with unions and staff as well as managing the dispute process if they were to arise in the duration of the project
- research, investigation and analysis
- interpretation of policies, procedures and legislation
- negotiation of awards and enterprise agreements
- dispute settlement and the management of disciplinary matters, and advocacy before industrial tribunals
The Successful Applicant
To be successful for this role you will have:
- Proven sound negotiating skills and a proven ability to be innovative in resolving industrial issues and conflict successfully and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, discretion and judgment while maintaining a strong customer service focus
- Ability to work deliver both strategic and operational expertise as part of a busy program team.
- Ability to prepare and present submissions before Federal or State Industrial Tribunals with a strong record of success in industrial advocacy.
- Evidence of capacity to provide accurate and timely advice and support to all levels of management on a wide range of industrial relations issues.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Industrial Relations practices, legislation and awards and contemporary human resources management principles and practices including a comprehensive understanding and capability to interpret industrial instruments and employment related legislation
- Proven research, analytic and problem solving skills.
- Sound planning and organisational skills with evidence of ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities, meet deadlines and produce consistently high quality work.
- Sound written and verbal communication and presentation skills and evidence of capacity to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
What's on Offer
I chance for an IR professional to work for a will known and respected government orgainistaion for a period of 3 months initially.