You are here
- Familiarity with ISDA Master Agreements and related documentation is essential
- Abiltiy to build and maintain external client relationships required
About Our Client
Our client is a leading financial institution on the global stage. With its commitment to employee engagement, our client is an employer of choice for any lawyer looking to make a name for themselves in asset management and banking/finance more generally.
The role is a junior role, sits within the legal team and will focus purely on the review, draft, negotiation and execution of derivatives master agreements. A key area of focus will be the provision of top quality advice to internal business units on relevant issues and to maintain key relationships with external requirements. The successful applicant will take on a business development function and will be required liaise with and maintain solid professional relationships with external stakeholders to ensure the smooth negotiation of relevant agreements. A large part of the applicants time will be devoted to keeping a watchful eye of the progress of negotiations and ensuring that the Sydney/Asia-Pacific based sales teams have a legal point of contact for ad hoc queries. Only those lawyers who have managed the negotiation process of ISDA mater agreements need apply.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful applicant will be able to:
- negotiate and execute derivatives master agreements;
- analyse legal documentation;
- interpret legislative/regulatory frameworks; and
- develop/maintain client relationships with a keen sense for business development.
The Successful applicant must:
- have a tertiary education in law or a relevant field;
- have at lease 2 years experience in the negotiation of ISDA master agreements;
- be familiar with ISDA agreements, credit support annexes, lending agreements, bilateral regulatory agreements and other derivatives related legal documents;
- have demonstrable experience in a business development capacity;
- have a thorough understanding of relevant regulatory frameworks in Australia and across the Asia-Pacific; and
- be able to manage teams to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
What's on Offer
Our client is offering a competitive salary and attractive employee benefits based on experience and knowledge.