You are here
IT Desk Developer
- Experience working in Fixed Income essential
- Complex C# and VBA programming in Excel required
About Our Client
My client is a leader in the Finance industry, providing unique services to a wealth of Private and Public organisations worldwide. They wish to bring on an additional IT Desk Developer to liaise with front and mid office operational staff.
At present the team consists of seasoned developers and the client requires a slightly more junior person to compliment the team. The role will provide an outstanding learning opportunity for the successful candidate to work and learn in one of the worlds largest banks. Also, given the stature of the client this role still commands an attractive salary package, with unlimited opportunities to mold a long term career in locations across the world.
A primary objective in the role is to remove key-man dependencies and associated operational risk through on-boarding and training of team members across the application suite. Other objectives include:
- The development of key financial platforms
- The continued development of applications in response to client demands
- Consolidation and documentation of applications in order to standardise the suite and reduce duplication
- Implementation of IT best practice relating to user access controls, developer access to production data, data segregation and management etc
- Provision of level 3 support for the applications
- Development and execution of strategic road map for the application set to attrition tactical solutions through migration of functionality to strategic platforms or projects
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following hard skills:
- Strong experience gained in a Fixed Income environment
- Excellent Excel based development skills
- Proven skills in complex C# and VBA programming within Excel
- Experience with using financial mathematics libraries from within such applications
- Mathematical understanding of a range of financial products including Bonds, Interest Rate Swaps, Interest Rate Futures, Discounting curves
- Solid business knowledge acquired from on-the-ground experience with front-office trading / sales
- Experience in the front-to-back Fixed Income business process and trade life cycle in order to be able to take a holistic view of a problem while designing a solution.
The front-office / middle-office centric nature of the role requires candidates soft skills:
- Excellent spoken English and the ability to have a professional dialog with a trader
- A self-starting attitude and the ability to take ownership of requirements front start to finish
- The ability to work in both agile and structured methodologies where required
- The ability to work effectively in a team, as well as with end-users based in remote locations
What's on Offer
In addition to a competitive salary package, the successful candidate will benefit from a fast paced working culture with the potential for development and career progression in a global organisation.