You are here
This position is now filled
IT Project Manager
- Active PMI and/or Prince2 certification
- Experience working on Infrastructure focused Projects
About Our Client
Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world's top employers.
The Group operates in more than 30 countries worldwide. First established in London in 1976, we've been bringing job seekers and employers together for more than 30 years.
We are listed on the London stock exchange and our turnover exceeds US$1 billion per year. We opened our first office in Australia in 1985 and currently have offices in all of the main business centres around the world including
- New York
- Hong Kong
General roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Hands-on management of multiple, simultaneous projects, to ensure that goals and objectives are achieved within the budget and time frames.
- Champion and use the PageGroup Project Management Framework to ensure a consistent approach to project governance.
- Define and determine the role and responsibilities of project team members.
- Stakeholder and vendor management.
- Project documentation including communication plans and weekly project status reports to key stakeholders and governance bodies.
- Define and manage overall change control processes and quality assurance aspects to ensure project success.
- Identify and manage overall project dependencies and ensure project deliverables stay on-time, on-target and on-budget.
- Risk and issue management.
- Define and implement the appropriate change management strategy and plans to ensure that change management concerns are addressed during and after project implementation, as well as ensuring that the project impact is sustainable and supported by the business process owners.
- Assist with project registration, business case preparation and submission.
- Support project governance meetings; prepare documentation, reports, resource requirements, etc.
Other duties may be assigned as needed.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following;
- Minimum of 3 years related knowledge and experience working as a Project Manager in an IT PMO.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Project Professional and MS Project Server
- Experience working in an Agile project environment is desirable.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple, simultaneous IT projects.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with vendors, stakeholders and senior management.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the proven ability to manage key stakeholder interests in a fast-paced culture while at the same time managing conflicting priorities and business interests.
- Demonstrable experience of working with external vendors.
- A global perspective with the ability to understand and work effectively in a culturally diverse organisation.
- Demonstrable ability to organise and work effectively with project teams, locally and remotely.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with different levels of staff and senior management across the organisation.
Attitude and Behaviours
As your role within PageGroup includes operating as part of a team, you are expected to work as a team member, show appropriate behaviours and respect to all our employees and work with a spirit of co-operation.
What's on Offer
Fantastic opportunity to join Page group's PMO function and lead teams of technical experts on challenging scopes of work. Working directly for the Global IT PMO Manager, the role offers an attractive salary package and is based in the heart of Sydney's CBD.