You are here
This position is now filled
Java Analyst/Programmer - 6-12 month contract
- Brisbane CBD
About Our Client
A leading public sector organisation has the need for an excellent Java Analyst/Programmer to join their friendly, collaborative team to help in meeting key requirements and deliverables. This company has an excellent track record of retaining high performers and upskilling it's developers in the latest technologies.
The primary focus of this role will be to assist in the development and enhancement of a web-based application that provides a business and client critical solution.
Daily requirements will include:
- Carrying out application level database administration.
- Liaising with key business stakeholders and clients to develop an in-depth understanding of application requirements.
- Undertaking maintenance and enhancement of a key web application in order to meet critical processing deadlines.
The Successful Applicant
Key skills required:
- Extensive commercial experience and contemporary knowledge in all aspects of application development and support in enterprise level applications.
- Very strong Java / J2EE / Spring / SQL skills and experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Agile development methodologies: refactoring, TDD and continuous integration.
- Exposure to AngularJS would be highly beneficial.
- Ability to analyse business processes and requirements, to identify and propose innovative solutions and to prepare complex functional and technical documentation.
What's on Offer
- Attractive hourly rate.
- High probability of extension.
- Excellent technical environment.
- Brisbane CBD.