You are here
This position is now filled
Java Developer - Junior-Mid level - $60-70k
- Convenient location near Brisbane CBD
- Excellent training and development opportunities with genuine career progressi
About Our Client
Our client is a forward-thinking, innovative financial institution. An ASX listed business and Employer of Choice, this organisation looks at the bigger picture and is now set to spearhead the company's drive into contemporary technologies and cloud based computing.
Located on Brisbane's CBD fringe, this role will suit an exceptionally passionate and enthusiastic Java Developer with 1-2 years commercial experience, looking to enhance their technical skills and become part of an exciting journey ahead.
Day to day accountabilities of the position will include:
- Ensuring your code is written to specifications, is secure, resilient and achieves desired outcomes while remaining easily maintainable and extensible.
- Strongly advocate software development best practice in an Agile development methodology, preferably SCRUM based.
- Perform effective Unit testing.
- Translate user feedback into functioning applications and systems.
- Escalate any major design issues or project blockers to the appropriate stakeholders, with adequate and clear handover.
- Be an active and positive team member, open to new ideas while contributing your own.
The Successful Applicant
Qualification & Experience needed:
- 1 - 3 years proven commercial experience in software development, ideally working within a team of 5+ technical team members.
- Demonstrated software design skills, particularly Object Oriented techniques and design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of Java, Spring, jUnit, MySQL (or other high volume database technology), TDD development methodology and Source Code repository tools.
- A background in financial services applications in an advantage.
What's on Offer
- Excellent company culture
- Comprehensive range of employee benefits
- Rewarding career path