You are here
Junior In House Counsel
- High calibre work with household name clients
- Leading remuneration with bonus scheme
About Our Client
One of Australia's leading information technology and business consulting services companies. For more than 25 years, the business has delivered professional services in the areas of IT and business consulting to major Australian corporations, multinationals and Federal, State and Local governments.
The role is responsible for advising the executive, senior management and key internal clients on the company's legal obligations, protecting its interests and ensuring compliance with relevant legal requirements that affect its business activities.
Some of the key skills and experience we are looking for include:
- At least 2-5 years post qualification experience, preferably with specialisation in or exposure to the IT sector;
- Law degree and solicitor holding a current practicing certificate;
- Understanding of professional services industries;
- Sound knowledge of the IT sector and appreciation of how development trends will influence legal issues and approaches;
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Commercial awareness;
- Ability to discern legal requirements and apply to relevant business operations;
- Ability to analyse and interpret new situations and resolve legal issues with minimal supervision;
- Ability to manage workflows and work autonomously;
- A proactive and can do approach to achieve commercial outcomes;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and the motivation to assist the company to maximise outcomes for all its stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The Successful Applicant
One of the key responsibilities will be negotiating, drafting and interpreting large complex contracts. You will therefore be experienced and comfortable working autonomously within this practice area. Experience in IT law or related will be highly regarded.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary based on experience