You are here
Junior Lawyer - Commercial Litigation (1-2 years PAE)
- Exciting opportunity for highly motivated and driven junior lawyer
- Run your own commercial litigation matters and liaise with clients
About Our Client
Our client is an Incorporated Legal Practice that forms part of a larger corporate group centred in the United States. The Practice prides itself on providing commercially orientated legal outcomes in a personalised and efficient manner. They provide specialist legal services in a range of practice areas and have intimate offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Adelaide.
The role is within an intimate commercial litigation team. Daily duties will revolve around the conduct of defended debt recovery matters in the Local Court for a key account of the Practice. Some experience in the District, Supreme and Federal Courts is preferred. The successful applicant will also engage with the Credit and Investments Ombudsman in relation to the handling of complaints.
Key benefits of the role for applicants include:
- access to mentoring;
- internal career progression; and
- a high level of responsibility.
A significant aspect of the role will also involve developing and maintaining a close working relationship with key clients and managing commercial pressures. Strong communication skills are essential as the successful candidate will be required to represent the Practice in public forums. The role requires proficient typing skills and will involve some personal administration work.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will:-
- hold a current NSW Practising Certificate;
- have 1-2 years PAE experience in commercial litigation;
- be knowledge in Local Court Civil Claims; and
- have excellent typing skills.
The successful candidate should preferably:-
- be proficient in Credit and Investments Ombudsman complaint procedures; and
- have some experience in the District, Supreme and Federal Courts.
The successful applicant will also have the ability to run matters in an autonomous manner, but also be able to recognise when review by a senior lawyer is required. Highly motivated applicants who can demonstrate a clear ability to thrive in challenging environments will be looked upon favourably.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary in a great CBD location.
This role represents a great opportunity for a junior lawyer who is keen to assume more responsibility and be noticed by superiors. Our client is committed to mentoring the successful applicant and developing them into a well rounded lawyer who can provide legal services across a range of practice areas.