You are here
Legal & Compliance Counsel (3-6 years PAE)
- opportuntiy for an experienced lawyer to take control as legal point of contact
- develop your skill set and gain specific compliance skills
About Our Client
Our client is an innovative, dynamic global organisation with a strong commitment to fostering a high performance culture. Specialising in pharmaceuticals our client is committed to improving the lives of those who rely on their products and expect employees to embody this commitment.
The role is ideal for a solid legal professional with 3+ year experience in a large corporate institution or a reputable firm. Reporting to a key business unit, this role is suitable only for professionals comfortable working independently and acting as the main legal point of contact for business teams. A thorough understanding of business ethics and experience with pharmaceuticals law is preferred. The position will entail:-
- Management of matters as the main legal point of contact;
- Review, drafting and negotiation of contracts;
- Provision of training and presentations to key business team members on among others things business ethics;
- Dealing with marketing issues; and
- Advice to business on ad hoc issues including those related to the Medicines Australia Code of Conduct.
This is a permanent role and experience dealing with complex legal issues will be looked upon favourably. Demonstration of stakeholder management and past interaction with regulatory issues is preferred as opposed to strict compliance experience.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will:-
- hold a current New South Wales Practising Certificate;
- have 3-6 years PAE in a large corporate or reputable firm
- be confident acting independently and in offering sound legal advice;
- be able to manage all stages of the contracts process;
- be familiar with regulatory compliance issues (although experience in a compliance specific role is not essential);
- be able to confidently deliver training/presentations to all levels of seniority within the business; and
- ability to manage internal stakeholders and address non-compliance with internal/external policies and procedures.
The successful applicant will be comfortable in high pressure situations. Our client is committed to its dynamic culture and will value applicants who can demonstrate a commitment to working effectively in a team environment and upholding the values of the organisation they work for.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary based on experience and expertise.