You are here
Legal Counsel - 5 years PQE
- Legal Counsel 5 year PQE
- Sydney CBD Location
About Our Client
My client is a highly commercial and fast paced business based in the Sydney CBD currently seeking a highly engaging Legal Counsel 5 years PQE to advise the business on all real estate matters, as well as assisting with other general legal matters as required.
This is an exciting and varied role and an opportunity for a committed individual to join a high performing Legal team, you role will cover but not be limited to:
- Advise the business on all real estate matters, as well as assisting with other general legal matters as required.
- Review, advise, draft and effectively manage all property related agreements (including leases, refurbishment and construction agreements) together with other contracts across the business including sourcing agreements, supply agreements and IT agreements.
- Effectively manage commercial disputes; in particular, lease and property related matters.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree qualified (law) and specialist property law experience gained in-house or in a recognised Australian law firm. Expertise in large-scale retail leases is required.
- Current NSW practising certificate.
- 4+ years post qualification experience.
- Experience in large scale retail and commercial leasing, disputes and sale and purchase matters.
- Experience in construction matters will be highly regarded
- Experience in broader commercial matters would be advantageous.
- Ability to prioritise and manage time / deadlines effectively and with a sense of urgency.
- Commercially minded and pragmatic with the ability to combine strategic and logical thinking to assist the business in achieving commercial outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with, manage and influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong verbal communication and written skills.
- A collaborative team-player, whilst able to work independently without supervision and drive results through others.
- Friendly, approachable and professional.
What's on Offer
A truly unique opportunity to join an exciting business currently experiencing a period of transformation offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits.