You are here
Legal Counsel - Corporate/Commercial
- Highly desirable industry
- Great role for a 4+ PAE lawyer looking to progress
About Our Client
Our client is the Sydney based arm of a global FMCG business. As an industry leader this organisation is committed to development of its employees and encouraging a high performance culture of leadership.
This role is ideal for a lawyer with 4-8 years PAE in a mid/top tier firm or reputable in-house legal team that has exposure to procurement matters. A strong background in general corporate/commercial work and ability to advise in relation to an array of commercial contracts is essential. Duties will include:
- contractual review, negotiation and drafting;
- provision of legal advice to all business units within the organisation;
- provision of corporate and regulatory advice;
- negotiation with and management of external stakeholders; and
- identification of compliance issues and commercial risks.
This is role is critical to the organisation and will operate in a fast paced, high performance environment where time and commercial orientation is of the essence.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will be corporate/commercial lawyer with 4-8 years PAE in a mid/top tier firm or reputable in-house organisation. The successful applicant will be adaptable, with excellent communication skill and a clear ability to distil complex legal/regulatory matters for absorption by all levels of the business. Key attributes will include:-
- being an admitted solicitor in NSW or elsewhere in Australia;
- corporate/commercial background in heavily regulated environment;
- familiarity with ACL, IP law and a general understanding of employment law;
- ability to run the contractual review/negotiation process;
- ability to engage with and influence all functions of the business; and
- confidence to act autonomously and provide speedy, commercially orientated advice in high pressure situations.
What's on Offer
Great location and competitive salary commensurate with knowledge/experience.