You are here
Legal Counsel (Temp. Contract)
- Contract role, 3 days per week
- Broad commercial duties with local government law focus
About Our Client
Our client is an established city council in the Sydney area with a high demand for legal services.
The role will suit applicants who can demonstrate past success in both the public and private sector. You will be required to have liaise with internal and external stakeholders and use your sound knowledge of relevant legislative/regulatory regimes to achieve effective legal outcomes. You will be required to provide ad hoc advice to legal issues as and when they arrive; and will be responsible for the review, draft and negotiation of contractual agreements. The role requires familiarity with any of the following areas of law:
- environment and planning; and
- local government.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have at least 5 years PAE and be willing to work on a 3 day per week basis. You must demonstrate an ability to practice in small teams, to self motivate and engage stakeholders to achieve legal outcomes that meet council need while addressing risk issues. The successful applicant will:
- have experience in both public and private sectors (preferred);
- be autonomous worker capable of managing an independent workload;
- have experience in property, construction, environment/planning and local government law;
- be willing to work outside of the CBD; and
- be immediately available.
What's on Offer
Competitive remuneration based on skills and experience.