You are here
This position is now filled
Legal Counsel - VP (6 month FTC to start ASAP!)
- Global leader in Financial Services
- 6 month FTC to start ASAP!
About Our Client
Our client is a worldwide leader in financial services and asset management responsible for managing billions of dollars of investment funds across the globe!
Legal Counsel is required to join the client's Sydney office ASAP on a 6 month fixed term contract covering maternity leave!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating investment management agreements and other types of client agreements
- Reviewing and drafting documentation in connection with launching and maintaining exchange traded funds or privately offered funds
- Reviewing and negotiating trading agreements, including broker agreements and ISDAs
- Drafting and reviewing inter-company service agreements, third party vendor agreements and other miscellaneous agreements
- Advising on applicable laws and regulations and instructing external counsel, where necessary
- Working closely with the different Business functions
- Monitoring and updating legal team and business of legal and regulatory developments in the region
- Corporate governance matters including drafting board resolutions
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have the following:-
- LLB and admitted to practice with relevant experience gained in-house with an asset manager or major law firm.
- Post qualification experience of 4 to 7 years.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to sustain strong relationships with clients. peers and staff
- Ability to interact with multiple levels in an organisation and in multiple jurisdictions.
- Solution oriented; ability to multi-task and prioritise; attention to detail
- Self motivated.
- available to start ASAP
What's on Offer
- Amazing opportunity to join a global, leading investment management corporation
- 6 month FTC with a competitive salary package