You are here
Logistics Operations and Strategy Manager
- Outstanding opportunity to work for a world leading organisation
- Influential and pivotal role in the driving of change and excellence.
About Our Client
Ford Motor Company of Australia Ltd is committed to cutting-edge technology and design, superior quality and rigorous safety standards across an expanding product line-up. Ford Australia is continually striving to create future success for their great global brand and they are committed to Going Further in all aspects of their business whilst helping build a more sustainable world. As an industry leader, Ford is proactively addressing the changing market conditions in Australia and in doing so continues to build a vibrant, thriving brand that customers know and trust.
As Logistics Operations and Strategy Manager you will be the subject matter expert for all logistics activities across Ford's ANZ operations. An influential member of the Parts Supply & Logistics leadership team you will have overall responsibility for driving optimal processes and standardising operations in line with the Ford global best-practice, championing the improvement culture and the initiation and end-to-end management of capital projects. Outstanding long term career opportunities exists for a high performing logistics leader to be part of the wider succession plan within this dynamic organisation.
Key duties will include:
- Manage all Logistics activities (4PL freight management, packaging) including contract negotiations, operations improvement initiatives, KPI development, and supplier management.
- Implementation and Management of Global Warehouse Principals
- Drive special projects related to Warehousing, Logistics, Facilities and Equipment.
- Perform Warehouse capacity planning analysis (based on cycle plans).
- Continuously build on the safety culture by encouraging and supporting all employees to actively identify and report potential hazards, unsafe conditions and unsafe behaviours and to implement robust controls.
The Successful Applicant
You will need to hold a tertiary qualification or above in a related discipline such as Supply Chain, Transport, Warehousing and Logistics. You will have established leadership skills, with the proven ability to influence, add value and drive change through an established and experienced team. Your mindset and approach to safety will be second to none, and you will be able to demonstrate structured project management skills in the delivery of capital improvement projects in a logistics environment.
We are seeking an individual with exposure, and the ability to initiate innovative improvements and a clear understanding of 'what good looks like' in a warehousing and distribution environment. At the same time you will have the longer term drive and ambition to progress your career into senior roles within this market shaping organisation.
What's on Offer
As an employer of choice, Ford offers outstanding development opportunities to build a career in a dynamic, highly competitive industry that evokes powerful emotions, passion and drive. They require enthusiastic and motivated people to deliver results in a high performing team oriented culture.
- Highly attractive package including an exceptional dual vehicle lease scheme
- Join an Employer of Choice
- Work for a strong global brand
- Broad career opportunities
- Training & development support
- Advanced career planning & development processes