You are here
- Food manufacturing
- Culture change
About Our Client
Our client is a market leader in the food industry, supplying the Australian market with a wide range of products. With a wide range of constantly changing and developing products the business is looking to expand its production capabilities and their engineering team to aid the growth.
This role will focus on;
- Develop maintenance systems and procedures to increase machine reliability, improve availability and line utilisation
- Keep appropriate records or all engineering team KPI's
- Drive cultural change
- Report to the senior management team and Group Engineering Manager on plant performance
- Effectively manage the maintenance budget and actively explore opportunities to reduce spend on utilities and engineering consumables whilst maintaining plant performance levels.
- Recommend and support value added improvement initiatives where appropriate
- Develop relationships with key internal customers
- Attend meetings on behalf of the Engineering department and take a pro-active approach contributing to the meetings from an engineering perspective
- To support the the manufacturing process by being proactive on the correction and modification of reoccurring machine processing faults
- Drive EHS procedures in line with business policy, ensure full compliance with statutory regulations within your area of responsibility
- Plan shutdowns to ensure they are correctly managed, resourced and co-ordinated
- Meet or exceed and specific personal performance objectives agreed with UKOP or DEM under the KPI process
The Successful Applicant
- Significant and demonstrated experience in deploying planned and preventative engineering strategies,
- Degree qualified or equivalent in either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with at least 5 years experience in a high volume food manufacturing environment.
- Hands on engineering experience with the ability to diagnose complex manufacturing engineering related problems.
- Strong organisational skills with clear effective communication methods
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills with a can do attitude and the ability to work autonomously an absolute must.
- Ability to use clear judgement and make methodical decisions in ambiguous and pressure situations
- Experience of leading engineering teams
What's on Offer
$140,000 + Vehicle + Super