You are here
Manager Financial Services
- Car and support with Accomodation included
- Beautiful country location not too far from Perth
About Our Client
The Shire of Boddington is situated in the Peel region of Western Australia, approximately 123 kilometres southeast of Perth and 92 kilometres southeast of Mandurah. Boddington is one of only nine regional towns in Western Australia that are being supported by the State Government under the Super Towns initiative to increase its population by more than the State average, in accordance with the Growth Plan.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and working closely with the Director of Corporate Services, duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing financial operations for the Council.
- Preparing monthly financial statements for the audit committee and community groups as well as preparing the monthly management reports.
- Monthly Reconciliations as required for Financial Auditing and liaising with the external auditors with regards to queries.
- Preparing the annual financial report and presenting to the board.
- Preparing Business Activity Statement and Fringe Benefit Taxation Return.
- Maintaining Council's Asset Register, including managing the depreciation's and calculations.
- Assisting in preparation of the Annual Budget, liaising with the head of the services to discuss budgets and variances.
- Supervising the finance team and taking overall responsibility of the Accounts Payable, Receivable, Payroll and customer service staff.
- Assisting in the preparation of Grant Applications, and grant acquittals when requested.
- Working with the leadership team to improve financial processes, streamline processes and advice on changes and recommendations.
The close date for all applications is Wednesday 28th October.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role you must have proven experience working in a finance operations capacity within a local government organisation using the synergy soft accounting package. The successful incumbent will possess a formal accounting qualification and have proven experience supervising a team, thinking strategically and driving process improvements across a business. Excellent communication skills are essential with the ability to influence at executive level and play a key part in the leadership team.
What's on Offer
The Shire of Boddington is situated in the Peel region of Western Australia, approximately 123 kilometres southeast of Perth and 92 kilometres southeast of Mandurah. They are offering an exciting role for someone with Local Government experience.
The Shire will support relocation if required and offers a competitive base salary and package.
A car and support towards accommodation is included in the package.
Please apply online with any supporting documents as soon as possible.
Please direct all call and information requests to Jemma Cronin on 9215 9566.
The close date for all applications is Wednesday 4th November.