You are here
Mechanical Engineer - Projects & Maintenance
- Fantastic opportunity to work in a leading FMCG manufacturer
- Great career progression
About Our Client
The business is a family owned, private manufacturer of consumer products and are renowned in the industry for their high level of quality. They require a Mechanical engineer to perform improvements to existing equipment, procedures, design, projects and operations with a strong influence from an Engineering and Reliability perspective.
Our client has an immediate requirement for a Mechanical Engineer
- Conducts process improvement through automation and installation of new equipment.
- Improve plant reliability through design modification.
- Improve plant reliability through improvements in preventative maintenance
- Improves process and operability of factory as required on a daily basis.
- Maintaining 2D and 3D drawing systems.
- Making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from the other technical and operating staff involved
- Implements projects that achieve business objectives in productivity, uptime and quality.
- Undertaking process design to improve quality, reliability and productivity in the factory.
- Ensuring detailed design meets process/project objectives applying the principles of mass, momentum and heat transfer to process and equipment design, including conceptual, scheme and detail design;
- Preparing reports, flow diagrams and charts
- Responsibility for risk assessments, including hazard and operability (HAZOP & CHAZOP) studies, for the health and safety of projects as required.
- Ensuring the process works at the optimum level, the right rate and quality of output, in order to meet supply needs
- Ensuring that all aspects of an operation or process meet specified regulatory requirements.
- Commissions process changes or facilities.
- Provision of technical expertise to assist factory and business in areas of HSE compliance, Troubleshooting and Training of operations personnel
- Demonstrate that Policies, Standards, Procedures and Work Instructions as required by the Safety Management System (SMS) and Quality Management (QM) are effectively implemented.
- Responsible and accountable for completing relevant Management of change (MOC) processes for all applicable changes on site.
- Routine reporting of production, analysis of run cycles and other productivity parameters.
- Supervising plant operations and may act on on behalf of other site management during their absence.
- Investigating and troubleshooting plant/process problems
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered for the role you must possess the following:
- Education to a minimum of Bachelor Degree in Engineering - Mechanical with a minimum 5 years experience.
- Experience in machine reliability mandatory.
- Experience in MEX maintenance management software beneficial.
- Skilled in AutoCAD 2D required.
- Skilled in Solidworks 3D beneficial.
- Understanding of electrical control systems beneficial.
- System and process development expertise.
- In depth engineering / production / operations knowledge, and knowledge of Manufacturing processes.
- Has experience with Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles.
- A broad knowledge of Manufacturing plant processing equipment.
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance and condition monitoring techniques and the application of computerised maintenance management systems.
- Ability to liaise across all facets of the business.
- Ability to lead Risk assessments, Investigations, Root Cause Analysis, HAZOP / CHAZOP
- Knowledge of industrial instrumentation and process control including familiarity with distributive control systems and PLC's
- Computer literacy: Excel, word processing, project management software, autoCAD
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to achieve objectives, judge priorities, be strongly self motivated
- A knowledge of large rotating equipment and control systems would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Staff training may also be required.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary is on offer and the opportunity of working in an exciting, fast paced environment where you can learn and develop your career.