You are here
National Sales Manager - Power Transmission
- Leadership Opportunity
- Career development opportunities
About Our Client
It is one of the world's largest suppliers of mechanical power transmission and chain products with multiple factories world wide, operations in 17 countries and distributors in over 70 countries. In Australia they have had a physical presence since the 1950's and their name is associated with high level of quality and service. It is a exciting time to be joining the business with a big emphasis on growth in the region.
Reporting to the Managing Director with 4 direct reports including sales support, engineering, and workshop planning and supervision functions. The main responsibilities will be:
- Prepare Annual and Strategic business plans to produce acceptable Revenue and Profit growth to execute successfully.
- Drive sales growth through, and personally selling to customers and providing a high level of support to branch sales This will require regular visits to the branches and customers
- Design and implement marketing campaigns and provide the sales content from these campaigns to the branches.
- Ensure the workshop is well managed and high levels of quality and safety are maintained
- Provide comprehensive monthly reports to MD and present business progress to global managers Comply with OHS requirements and support a zero harm culture.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must have at least 10 years experience in a technical sales role managing a team across Australia. The key characteristics will include:
- Tertiary qualified mechanical engineer (open to aerospace, mechatronics)
- A team player that will lead by example and seek consultation with the his team, management and internal and external stakeholders.
- A thirst for knowledge as the individual will need to learn the product range quickly.
- Able to manage existing customer relationships and proactively develop new ones
- Excellent presentation skills essential (senior management , sales staff & customers)
- Commercially driven and financially astute (previous commercial experience)
- Must be able to travel
- Must have a passion for solution selling & customer service
- High energy & ambition
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered a rewarding package including $120,000 - $140,000 Base + Super + Car Allowance + Bonus