You are here
- .NET Developer
- 8 month contract
About Our Client
Government client located in Sydney CBD
The role primarily involes the redeveloping of the Project Management Interface (PMI), MS Access Database into an ASP.Net application with a SQL back end. This involves:
- Understanding the existing framework (authentication, authorization, auditing, logging, UI, integration)
- Design a new schema based on the requirements and the current MS Access database
- Develop migration scripts where required to port data from existing MS Access to new database
- Contribute to system testing
- Develop the core functionality
- project financial and tasks
- Develop dashboard and reports
- Develop integration packages to import data from sources
- Assist in the Backlog for enhancements and defects
The Successful Applicant
- Agile (Strong/Advanced Level) Ability to work in a scrum, Agile methodology
- T-SQL (Very High/Expert Level) Ability to create tables, views, stored procedures and functions in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or better.
- NET MVC (Very High/Expert Level) Proficiency in Microsoft's latest ASP.NET. Must be able to create clean and high quality solutions in Microsoft ASP.NET MVC with C# for back end code and Razor view engine.
- C# Programming Language (Very High/Expert Level) Ability to use Microsoft C# 5.0 or better in creating web, windows, windows service or mobile applications. A person who is proficient in C# language should not only possess a solid understanding of the language's fundamentals but must also possess advanced skills in using C# in different application development scenarios.
- Entity Framework (Very High/Expert Level) Clear understanding of ORM concepts and proficiency in Microsoft EF or better. Must be able to use "Code First" or "Database First" approach in new or existing applications. Proficiency in this technology also requires advanced techniques such as reading multiple record sets from stored procedures and being able to perform both a read and write operations by calling a single stored procedure through EF.
- Web API (Very High/Expert Level) Deep understanding and knowledge of ASP.NET Web API 2 (or better) and the ability to build API's based on ASP.NET Web API that provide data and functionality to browser and mobile clients.
- CSS3 (Moderate/Intermediate Level) Clear understanding of CSS3 rules and standards and be able to understand and use CSS3 while working in a project team.
- HTML 5 (Very High/Expert Level) Ability to use HTML effectively and be familiar with and able to use the latest standards in HTML 5 specification.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to create technical documentation.
What's on Offer
Contract until June 2017