You are here
About Our Client
Operating an international chain with a quality brand name.
Tasks and responsibilities
● Design, configuration and implementation/installation of network infrastructure and applications.
● Responsible for daily troubleshooting, support and maintenance of network & IT infrastructure.
● Analyse network & hardware capacity and availability to meet ongoing and expansion requirements while maintaining a secure environment
● Remain current on new technologies and provide strategic recommendations for any networking or IT systems(hardware and application) improvements.
● Keep updated network diagrams and system configuration
● Mentor and provide training to other members of the infrastructure and support teams.
● As required, provide 24 X 7 on-call support and be available to travel and stay overnight as required for IT installations and new warehouse builds or upgrades on current infrastructure.
● Building partnerships and negotiating with our vendors, leveraging our global spend to achieve the lowest possible procurement prices.
The Successful Applicant
Required skills, abilities and certifications
● 4-6 years hands-on experience in a similar position ideally in a retail/wholesale environment.
● Proven experience in WAN/LAN networking design, implementation, troubleshooting and support.
● Design, configuration, and implementation experience with routers, switches and firewalls from different vendor brands
● Ability to design solutions and resolve problems with networking and routing protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP,DLSw, HSRP, NAT, DHCP, STP)
● Established proficiency on VLANs configuration and troubleshooting
● Strong Experience with MPLS, preferable with multiple carriers
● Extended knowledge on Wireless technologies
● Strong troubleshooting skills to isolate network faults utilising both packet sniffers and enterprise network analysis tools.
● Windows server administration and configuration skills and experience with Microsoft Active Directory & related services (DNS, Group Policies, File and printing, IIS, DFS, etc.).
● Experience in configuring, maintaining and supporting Cloud Apps, Antivirus, Web Proxy, remote access
● Experience with disaster recovery and HA technologies
● Working experience with vitalisation (VMware/Citrix), software replication and WAN acceleration solutions
● Strong experience on implementing security best practices on network & IT infrastructure, with a particular focus on PCI-DSS and its implementation in a retail environment (two-factor authentication, vulnerability scans, logging, IDS, IPS, Access control, system hardening)
● Proven experience implementing new IT infrastructures such as new operating systems, new hardware platforms, and/or new components that offer additional capability and benefits.
● Must be vendor agnostic, open to new and changing strategies in a dynamic and evolving environment.
● Able to work with vendors providing/supporting hardware and networking services in a professional, respectful manner.
● Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to create and present documentation.
What's on Offer