You are here
NPD Senior Scientist
- Globally recognised food brand
- Fantastic career opportunity
About Our Client
McCain Foods Limited is a privately owned, multi-national leader in the frozen food industry, manufacturing quality products including French fries, appetisers, pizzas, vegetables, desserts, and prepared meals.
Globally, McCain Foods Limited has more than 18,000 employees and 41 production facilities working on six continents.
The NPD Senior Food Scientist is a leader within the Research & Development Team and is responsible for:
- Delivery of business objectives through cross functional leadership, planning, and execution of cross category projects
- Lead product development initiatives through leveraging new or existing technology
- To develop new products or deliver product enhancements and cost reductions
- Manage and provide leadership on all technical facets of complex projects; including all approval steps, documentation, risk identification, management of technical resources and project timelines
- Formulate and develop NPD from ideation to implementation across categories.
- Evaluate raw materials and functional ingredients for suitability and quality for use in new and/or existing products and processes
- Use scientific principles to design projects covering the planning and preparation of all trials and the collection and processing of data (including Sensory, Consumer and Nutritional) to ultimately develop specifications and recommendations
- Understand costs associated with developing and launching products and the impact to business financials of subsequent changes in product and process
- Assist the process of conducting shelf life and stability studies on products
- Conduct routine final product physical evaluations and bench marking activities
- Proactively build relationships with team members in the Innovation team, across other business functions and with external vendors to drive best in class Innovation.
- Lead continuous improvement & innovation activities as required.
- Promote Safety, Quality and Process within the business
The Successful Applicant
- Min 5 years experience in product development
- Broad knowledge of food science & technologies with strong culinary development
- Broad knowledge of product development processes
- Extensive technical knowledge of frozen food manufacturing processes including ingredient functionality
- Strong Project and Stakeholder management skills demonstrating logical and lateral thinking in relation to all product development activities
- Excellent communication (verbal and writing) and presentation skills delivering to all levels of the business
- High level of competency in communication and information management tools
- Flexibility and time management to handle a range of tasks with changing priorities.
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global leader in Food manufacturing at an exciting time. An attractive remuneration package will be on offer to the successful candidate with long term career growth in a multi-national organisation.