You are here
- Lead the Queensland operations of a growing business
- Oversee the supply chain function in a fast moving environment
About Our Client
Our client is a growing and innovative private business operating nationally, with a large branch in Queensland located in the Southern Suburbs of Brisbane. The company has operations Australia wide and has newly created a role for an Operations Manager to come on board and lead its growing operations in the state.
As Operations Manager you will be responsible for providing effective leadership to the Brisbane branch and will have oversight of the end to end supply chain function. Your duties may include but not be limited to:
- Investigating and implementing processes, productivity, quality, cost control and customer service.
- Full P&L and budget responsibility for the branch
- Overseeing expansion of the company's warehouse
- Ensuring data integrity of the company's ERP system and analysing information contained therein to ensure productivity is maximised
- Managing an indirect team of 23 staff members across supply chain and internal sales/customer service
- Devising and implementing company wide initiatives
- Review the local transport carrier contracts and ensure the company is achieving maximum economies of scale in the management of those state based contracts
- Review training and development needs of branch staff and arrange training programs as appropriate
- Managing all facilities contracts for the building
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in your application you should have prior experience operating in an operations manager role, ideally with a supply chain focus. Experience with a company which operates in the engineering sector will be highly regarded, as will experience in working with a distributor. You should be systems savvy with an ability to "cut through" data and see patterns in order to be able to make quick decisions.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary package
- Growing business
- Supportive management structure
- Chance to shape organisation strategy