You are here
Fantastic opportunity to work in a Global FMCG manufacturer
Excellent salary package with huge career potential
About Our Client
Our client is one the largest FMCG food businesses in the world and is a vibrant and sustainable provider of food to the Australian and worldwide market. Boasting some of the best known brands on the current supermarket shelves, it is renowned for its respected name and well known products and brands. With multiple sites across Australia, it has an extremely strong reputation in the consumer marketplace.
An opportunity has arisen for and experienced packaging technologist to join their dynamic team. The business is currently undergoing some changes and has had a valued member of their team move one. There is now an immediate need for a new member to join their packaging team. Reporting directly to the Packaging Manager and alongside the packaging team, the packaging technologist will be responsible for developing tight briefs for new and existing packaging solutions.
- Structural design and development for new innovations and improvement to existing products.
- Participate in packaging trials as required with Production.
- Liaise with R&D and Marketing Product Managers on new initiatives and with Sales in regards to retail requirements
- Assist in Quality Audits for new and existing Packaging vendors
- Ensure that
Working closely with the suppliers you will possess excellent negotiation skills in order to challenge their capabilities in order to bring new ideas to market. You will have a strong understanding of the current market trends and with this you will be required to support the current projects and have a strong forward focus with Continuous Improvement.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will possess the following skillset:
- Minimum 5 years of packaging experience
- Strong Packaging development process with a strong project management background
- Solid understanding of types of Packaging equipment. Case packers, tray sealers and baggers
- Minimum qualification - tertiary degree in packaging
- Excellent people skills dealing with cross functional teams like Sales, Marketing and Vendors
- Act as a strong ambassador for the business brand when acting as an R&D representative both internally and externally
What's on Offer
A competitive package is on offer to the successful candidate and a fantastic opportunity to develop their career within a Global organisation. There is huge potential for career growth and development.