You are here
- Critical position within a quality company
- Strong mix of responsibilities in a demanding role
About Our Client
Our client is a vertically integrated farming and packing operation and is an industry leader within the fresh produce sector. They are a family owned and operated business focused on providing a safe and quality working environment as well as constantly striving for exceptional results and attention to detail. Our client is looking for a dynamic individual to act as the Packhouse Manager for their high volume facility in the Wide Bay & Burnett Region.
The Packhouse Manager will be responsible for all matters relating to the efficient operation of the packing facility. The successful applicant will be responsible for motivating and directing staff as well as the ongoing measurement of the facilities performance. This role will be hands on with a focus on ensuring quality control, maintaining high safety standards, driving efficiency's, actively pursuing new opportunities and managing client and customer expectations. Due to the variable nature of fresh produce, this role requires someone who is a quick thinker and able to adapt to changing circumstances as required.
The Successful Applicant
Successful applicants for this role will come with the following key skills -
- Operations Management experience across manufacturing, logistics or industrial environment with supporting qualification
- Experience within the horticultural or agricultural sector would be highly regarded but is not essential
- Proven experience with staff management
- Demonstrated management skills in a fast paced environment and able to interact with customers effectively
- Strong Quality / Compliance experience and knowledge
- Able to work across both technical requirements alongside relationship management
- Mechanical experience would be highly advantageous
What's on Offer
This role comes with an attractive package including competitive base, incentive, tools of trade along with housing benefits. The role will also provide the opportunity to work in a family friendly location within driving distance to some of Australia's most iconic coastal locations. This role is open to candidates not just from the agricultural industry and is a great opportunity to use your operational background to take advantage of the booming sector. Partial relocation benefits will be considered for successful candidates.