You are here
Patent Attorney (Registered with 1-2 years experience)
- Great role for Patent Attorneys with experience & Qualification in life sciences
- Be part of an industry leading life sciences practice group
About Our Client
Our client is one of Australia's leading and fastest growing intellectual property firms with offices in Sydney, Brisbane, Newcastle and Auckland (NZ). The firm prides itself on assisting its own clients to commercialise ideas/innovations in a manner that is representative of its unparalleled understanding of the intellectual property process. The successful applicant will be committed to the firm's ethos to provide industry leading advice that is cost effective and tailored to meet the individual needs of clients.
This role offers the successful applicant an amazing opportunity to join a firm that is committed to developing well rounded, commercially orientated patent professionals. The role requires expertise in life sciences and will provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to be involved in the intellectual property process from beginning to end. An ability to engage with marketing activities, prepare articles and give presentations will be essential to success in the role. Other key duties will include:-
- life sciences and biotech related drafting;
- assistance in relation to patent prosecution;
- provision of commercially orientated advice in relation to technical issues;
- acting as the firms liaison with clients and other external stakeholders; and
- handling of patent matters from beginning to end.
Our client is focused on providing an industry leading service and the expectation is that the successful applicant will practice with a flexible approach to intellectual property issues ensuring that client expectations are met. The role requires a strong team ethic and a commitment to your own professional development as well as that of those around you.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will:-
- have a PhD in life sciences and/or related disciplines;
- patent prosecution experience;
- demonstrable ability to draft in the field of biotechnology;
- ability to provide commercially sound advice on technical issues;
- have a clear ability to think 'big picture' and ensure that each part of the IP process works together to meet the clients objective;
- proven ability to work as part of a highly driven team; and
- excellent time management skills.
The successful applicant will be committed to professional and personal development. Essential will be strong stakeholder management skills. Those applicants with a proven ability to manage competing workloads and achieve desirable outcomes in stressful situations will be looked upon favourably.
What's on Offer
Our client is offering a competitive salary dependant on qualification, experience and skill.
Our client is committed to providing a friendly office environment that actively rewards team/individual effort and achievement. The successful applicant will have access to industry leading mentoring and work within a team that assists many leading domestic and global pharmaceutical/biotechnology companies. Our client also offers its employees the opportunity to engage actively in pro-bono work as well as various social and community events.