You are here
Planning and Environment Senior Associate (5+ PQE)
- Fast-paced and growing team with a great culture
- A diverse range of all front and back end Environment and Planning matters
About Our Client
Our client is a major, commercial law firm established over 100 years ago with over 200 employees across Australia and a variety of local, international and global clients. They are also the only Australian-based member of the Business Counsel, Inc (BCI), a network of law firms spanning North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the Caribbean.
They demonstrate a high level of commitment to both their clients and employees and are looking for individuals who have the right 'attitude', are professional, commercial, responsive, possess a good sense of humour and have a great team spirit.
Their lawyers are approachable and enthusiastic participants in the business of the firm, who thrive on challenge and enjoy pursuing excellence and they are looking for like-minded people.
The role is within the Property & Projects - Planning & Environment Team.
The work undertaken will be a broad mix of both front and back end Planning and Environment matters to include, but not limited to, advising on a range of planning applications, certification, land valuation, compulsory acquisitions, environmental risks and due diligence, water licensing, environmental offences and European and Aboriginal heritage.
Our client is looking for an outgoing, driven and ambitious Senior Lawyer to join the team as the Practice Group Manager's right-hand man or woman. You will be required to hit the ground running and drive new business to help develop the team. You will report directly to the leading Partner and assist them with the supervision and mentoring of two Junior members of the team.
The Successful Applicant
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES, EXPERIENCE & KEY COMPETENCIES
- Admitted as a Solicitor in NSW with at least 5 year's PQE in Planning and Environment matters from, preferably, another mid or top tier firm.
- Highly enthusiastic and driven with a genuine passion to excel in this niche area.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A proven track record of driving new business and building and developing client relations.
- Ability to support and mentor junior members of the team.
- Strong academics
What's on Offer
A fantastic opportunity for an outgoing and driven Senior Associate to join a leading Planning & Environment Team at a highly-established mid-tier firm, dealing with a full range of front and back end planning and environment matters.