You are here
- Sydney CBD location
- 3 month contract
About Our Client
My client is a key State Government agency which acts as a key regulatory body across New South Wales. They are seeking an experienced Policy Officer with a strong policy development background in NSW Government to join their team for an initial period of 3 months.
In this role, you will be directly supporting a key business unit and reporting to the Senior Manager. Your key responsibilities in this role include:
- Research best practice Financial Management practices (including governance, risk management, compliance, performance management and budgeting) and identifying policy gaps and deficiencies and developing solutions.
- Developing, communicating and implementing strategies to improve financial management in the General Government Sector
- Perform high level policy research
- Provide policy advice to key stakeholders
- Prepare and draft policy submissions, reports and briefs
- Analysis of documentation and production of reports and commentary
- Assist in the research, development and implementation of new policies and procedures
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will ideally have experience in policy roles at the State Government level with experience in using their knowledge of policy in a decision support capacity. You will have a track record in producing quality correspondence including briefing notes and policy proposals. As a large part of this role requires you to perform research and drafting and review of policy and legislation, you must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability in working with stakeholders across an organisation.
What's on Offer
- Work for leading State Government organisation
- Immediate start
- Competitive salary
- Central location