You are here
Principal Business Architect
- Strong and broad view of architecture developed over multiple years
- Desire to drive transformational projects to completion
About Our Client
My client operates within the professional services space and is a reputable name at a global level. With offices based in Sydney's CBD they are undertaking a number of strategic change and business transformation projects to drive organisational growth. The company promotes a strong work ethic but also advocates a strong work/life balance.
- Analyse future-looking strategies, capture capabilities, and discover key capability gaps. Ensure cross functional road maps are developed to assist in addressing capability gaps.
- Build relationships and secure access to resources throughout the organisation from individual contributor to C-Level. Work with executives and other leaders to define strategic and tactical direction for the organisation.
- Produce meaningful architectural output including, effective business cases, business motivational models, value chains, scenarios, capability models, heat maps, funding maps, and risk maps.
- Remain attendant to larger economic and industry trends impacting the enterprise, making certain all architectural work supports development of business solutions.
- Coaching and supporting the business architect and ICT team members and managers in policies, processes, concepts and tools.
- Develop, define, document and maintain the business architecture processes, templates and standards in alignment with company compliance.
- Advocate to relevant stakeholders on what is possible and what is not, based on sound architectural principles, best practices, organisational policies and standards and technical capability of systems deployed
- Maintain and utilise professional networks (internal and external)
- Work with ICT and business leaders to set objectives, performance standards and strategic priorities
The Successful Applicant
It is imperative that you have the right character traits for this role. You MUST be very resilient, be able to influence, have strong stakeholder management skills. You must be confident in your own ability and hold a strong presence. As well as the above you will possess the following:
- Strong work ethic and resilience to drive projects through to completion
- Ability to follow key company standards and ensure all architecture is compliant.
- Strong understanding of business functional issues, inter dependencies, and business structural concerns. Must excel at capability analysis and the application of modelling with rigorous analysis skills.
- Capability to understand the business - including strategy, processes, capabilities, enabling technologies and governance.
- The capability to work both vertically and horizontally across the organisation, differentiating between team value and strategic benefit at the organisational level.
- Ability to apply architectural principles to business needs.
- Ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their relevance to high-priority business issues.
- Possess exceptional communication skills and the ability to connect at all levels of the organisation.
- Technical skills across multiple platforms including architecture, software development, design and testing.
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Strong negotiation, persuasion and influencing skills.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- At least two to three years experience in Business Architecture
- Experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted to collect, aggregate or dis aggregate complex business information.
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture and common frameworks - e.g. TOGAF
- Extensive experience planning and implementing business and IT initiatives through project and operational cycles.
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience.
What's on Offer
Highly attractive remuneration package on offer with an opportunity to work directly for the company CIO on key business transformation projects across the ANZ business.