You are here
- Immediate start
About Our Client
IPART also serves as the NSW Government's economic advisor and policy think tank. In this role, we review the pricing of other services and investigate various aspects of industry productivity, competition, performance and planning. We administer the Energy Savings Scheme at the Government's request. At the core of all our work is optimising market competition and value in the long-term interest of the NSW community, economy and environment.
Provide high quality, timely, clear and concise legal advice as directed by the General Counsel or Director, Legal on all areas of IPART's jurisdiction to ensure organisational objectives are met.
- Draft high quality, timely, clear and concise legal and regulatory documents and precedents to deliver high quality outputs within a tight timeframe and to enable effective regulatory activity.
- Manage the delivery of projects and provide advice on legal matters ensuring progress reports are delivered to the Director, Legal and the industry teams are regularly consulted on project outcomes and timeframes.
- Deliver legal research and analysis that supports IPARTs programs and co-ordinates objectives to provide high quality advice to IPART Project Teams.
- Maintain expert knowledge of legislative and policy developments in areas relevant to IPART's functions to ensure the provision of accurate and high quality legal advice to stakeholders.
- Manage IPART's external legal advisers to ensure the delivery of legal advice is to a high standard and meets required timeframes and budgets.
- Liaise and consult with officers of NSW Treasury, the Department of Premier and Cabinet and other regulators, government agencies, special interest or community groups and stakeholders to collaborate regarding legislative and government policy changes.
The Successful Applicant
Tertiary qualifications in law and eligibility to hold a practising certificate in NSW.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing high quality legal advice, drafting legal and regulatory documents and legal research.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of the law relating to the activities of IPART and sound knowledge of government protocols and IPART's legislative policy framework.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of diverse legal matters.
- Understanding of the economic and regulatory basis of IPART's jurisdiction and the ability to integrate this understanding in legal advice.
What's on Offer
The role provides legal advice within IPART's jurisdiction, drafts documents, reviews and comments on documents, manages external advisors, regulators and stakeholders and responds to other legal matters as required.