You are here
Procurement Manager - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Procurement Manager - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Construction & Development
About Our Client
My client is an established brand with a vast network of clients positioned throughout Australia. They provide a diverse range of products and services and are known for the individual service they provide to individual clients across a number of local communities. Our client works with a number of local businesses across NSW and has their own culture and unique business model which enables them to effectively meet the needs of their local clients.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop, manage and implement strategic procurement policies, procedures, strategies and risk management methodologies to ensure corporate business needs are met.
- Pro-actively manage staff to ensure advice, support and output assists staff and external customers to achieve the companies procurement goals.
- Develop, manage and monitor the goals and objectives of the Procurement Team.
- Complete an annual budget and strategic business plan.
- Review internal controls, policies, procedures and processes to ensure statutory compliance and the integrity of the operation of the procurement system.
- Manage and complete performance agreements and competency assessments of staff and to develop / deliver an annual training program for the Procurement Team.
- Identify and develop enhancements and add value to the existing processes through the development of continuous improvement opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have worked in areas of procurement / tendering / purchasing / electronic and web based processing environments, with relevant experience in purchasing and procurement of goods and services for a large and complex organization. Tertiary qualified in Business / Commerce / Economics and Purchasing & Supply. My client requires a candidate with highly developed analytical and numeracy skills, sound knowledge of Government Act, associated regulations and procedure practices with extensive experience and a sound knowledge of; procurement and purchasing, tendering policy and procedures, tendering evaluation, relationship administration and contract management.
What's on Offer
- Temporary to permanent opportunity
- Opportunity to work in Western Sydney.
- Close to public transport.