You are here
Procurement Manager - Direct Categories - FMCG
- Do you have expertise in the procurement of raw materials or commodities?
- Drive the transformation of direct procurement within a global organisation
About Our Client
Our client is a leading manufacturer within the FMCG space. The organisation has a strong presence in Queensland and on a national basis. As a result of an internal restructure, a newly created opportunity has arisen for an experienced procurement professional to join this busy procurement team in South Brisbane.
As Procurement Manager for the direct categories, you will manage a small team of three people and your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Develop and set KPIs in order to measure supplier performance
- Identify potential process improvements in order to ensure the procurement function is operating at an optimum level
- Liaise with national and global stakeholders in order to achieve targeted global cost savings
- Assist the National Procurement Manager in the development of corporate procurement strategies for the business
- Lead negotiations with key suppliers
- Devise methods by which to evaluate supplier performance and identify areas for supplier performance improvement
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders across the organisation's diverse manufacturing areas in order to ensure economies of scale are obtained in relation to the procurement of raw materials
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate must have significant procurement experience dealing with direct categories within an FMCG environment. Experience purchasing raw materials or ingredients in a food manufacturing environment is ideal. You should have experience managing staff and devising procurement strategies and procedures. Prior experience in a complex international environment will be highly regarded.
What's on Offer
- Attractive Salary Package
- International organisation
- Scope to really drive procurement initiatives
- Opportunity to focus on direct procurement