You are here
Procurement Specialist / Procurement Officer
- Temorary and Contract Roles
- Western Sydney Area
About Our Client
My Client is looking for immediately available Procurement Specialists / Procurement Officers for 6 and 12 months contracts.
- Administer the tendering, quotation, contract and procurement process. Assist the Supply & Contracts Coordinator in developing this local government organisation's procurement systems and procedures to ensure industry best practice is established and maintained.
- Provide effective support to the operations through the tendering, quotation and contract process
- Carry out contractor performance reviews with stakeholders
- Maintain contract management records and documentation in the document management system.
- Facilitate the opening of tenders, expression of interest or quotations and ensure that information is appropriately registered and distributed to relevant Business Units for review and subsequent panel evaluation
- Conduct an evaluation of tenders in accordance with the Local Government Act and associated Regulation, policies and procedures and the Code of Conduct.
- Implement changes to Tendering, Quotation and Contract processes and procedures introduced through revised Council strategies.
- Provide assistance and support to other members of the Supply Unit in carrying out works and answering enquiries associated with tendering and contracts.
- Identify opportunities to enhance information systems as they relate to the procurement management function.
- Representation at external procurement meetings when required.
- Operate & maintain a computer based purchasing system.
- Obtain quotations and raise purchase orders as directed by the Contracts and Supply Coordinator and other delegated staff.
- Assist in the development, analysis and review of procurement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legislative requirements and industry best practice.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent track record of delivering Projects on time and budget.
- Very strong understanding of both application and infrastructure, with hands on delivery of Unified Communications
- Ability to work with Stakeholders at all levels, with excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Experience in leading a team
- Comprehensive knowledge in the area of contract and tender documentation.
- Strong ability to adapt to new situations.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
What's on Offer
Temporary and Contract Role
Western Sydney Location
$45 + per hour + Superannuation