You are here
Product Development Technologist
- Unique development program
- Take the opportunity to drive projects
About Our Client
Our client are a rapidly growing food processor who specialise in value added meat and poultry products. They are a top tier supplier to major retail and food service customers. A specialist in the Food Industry this Australian business pride themselves on their quality and service levels and as such are a market leader across Asia Pacific.
The predominant function of this role is to work within the Research and Development team to bring products from concept to commercialisation.
As a Product Development Technologist, your duties will include:
- Handling new product and process development for raw meat products.
- Monitoring the new product processing procedure and schedule.
- Conducting pilot plant and factory test runs.
- Maintaining quality system and compliance throughout the development process and manufacturing process.
- Liaison with the customer, marketing, quality and production departments with new product launches.
The Successful Applicant
Will be able to answer 'yes' to the following experience and attributes.
- Previous experience in a product development role.
- Exposure to working with flavour enhancers would be viewed extremely favourably.
- Sound knowledge of Australian Food Legislation and quality systems, including ISO 9001:2000, HACCP and WQA systems.
- Ability to build strong relationships with varied stakeholders and excellent communication skills.
- Interest in the food markets and trends.
- Experience working with customer specifications.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Food Science or Technology
What's on Offer
This role offers a varied challenge and direct exposure to all aspects of Manufacturing and the Customer. The successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive salary package.