You are here
- Production Engineer
- Exciting opportunity to work for an innovative global leader
About Our Client
Our client is recognised around the world as a market leader within the field. Known for innovation, this industry leader is recognised for developing and providing cutting edge technologies to its customers in Australia and all over the world.
The Production Engineer would be responsible for the development and implementation of optimal, cost-effective production processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards in addition to coordinating new product launch, revising or removing products.
Other key accountabilities include but are not exhausted to the following:
- Champion innovative change and process improvement following Lean 6 sigma methodology (DMAIC)
- Target wasteful processes and systems with particular focus on new product design and existing product design changes. Improve production processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Work with R&D and procurement to create BOMS and launch new/revised products
- Manage the phase in phase out process for all new/old products
- Develop work and safety instructions for new products and train operators in the assembly methods for new products
- Work Study assignments undertaking critical analysis in developing and maintaining labour standards and costs
- OH&S - work with the OH&S committee in providing a safe work environment
- Provide engineering technical support and audits as directed to vendors and customers
- Assists operations manager in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
- Perform research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Source and cost various tools, machinery and equipment
- Work in accordance to Environmental, Health & Safety requirements
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will possess a relevant Engineering degree (ideally mechanical) or equivalent qualification, in addition to:
- Knowledge in Lean Six Sigma/5S manufacturing processes.
- Experience in new product introduction and R&D of new products.
- Experience and/or training in safe work environments, capital improvement, and maintaining compliance with state and federal safety regulations.
- Computer assisted design (CAD) proficiency.
- Knowledgable in quality standard and OH&S compliance.
- A dynamic Engineer who is capable of working across various teams and departments.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary package as well as an excellent working environment. For the right individual there is also potential growth opportunities within this multi-national organisation.