You are here
- Fantasic opportunity with a family owned Australian organisation
- Excellent salary package with huge career potential
About Our Client
Our client is a family owned business specialising in the supply of quality plastics to some of the biggest names in the Food Manufacturing industry. Due to some structural changes internally, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Production Manager to join their experienced manufacturing team. Supplying into some of Australia's leading Food&beverage industries, our client specialise in some of the latest technology for plastic Thermoforming and are catering for a wide client base across the Melbourne market.
Reporting into the Operations Manager you will manage a team of manufacturing technicians. As the Production Manager you will be responsible for:
- Management of a production team of 15 per shift. 24/5 day operation.
- Rosters and scheduling and making sure all work is prioritised so that equipment and staff are as efficient and effective as possible.
- Implementation and monitoring of production KPI's.
- Conduct production that is compliance with health and safety standards.
- Driving Continuous improvement, through Kaizen and pro active thinking.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and organisation (5S).
- Ensuring all related company procedures are audited and complied with.
- Audit all documentation is being filled out correctly and comprehensively
- Take leadership and ownership of all production activities. Ensure all daily activities are carried out with strict adherence to company policy
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should possess the following attributes:
A focused individual, you will have experience working within a team of manufacturing supervisors covering the 24/5 operation. Responsible for operating within budgeted labour overtime limits, you will have managed teams of up to 25 staff in a pharmaceutical, food or high speed packaging environment. Ideally degree qualified or with industry experience, you will need outstanding communication and leadership skills to be successful in this role. There is a consistent focus on performance and quality, you will need to have experience with KPI monitoring and demonstrated experience with CI focus across the manufacturing environment.
What's on Offer
An fantastic salary package will be on offer to the successful candidate. This role gives a dedicated Production Manager the chance to lead a specialist team of supervisors and operators in one of the most modern and innovative Australian owned Plastic Manufacturing businesses.