You are here
- Lead a manufacturing team
- Clear career progression path
About Our Client
Our client is a global manufacturing business and supplies into some of the largest organisations globally. With a multi billion dollar turnover and scope for internal development further within the business, the position offers a clear career path.
Reporting to the Site Manager, the Production will be responsible for the following:
- Development of production targets and KPIs (Quality, Cost, Delivery etc.).
- Manufacturing, packaging, Quality and Dispatch.
- Lead a manufacturing team of over 50 people.
- Ensure production and service deadlines are met.
- Lead the Lean Manufacturing program and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Analyse the existing manufacturing & business processes using Value Stream Mapping techniques to identify areas of waste and manage projects to make improvements.
- Define and manage inventory levels to meet or exceed financial and inventory turn targets.
- Based on the strategic direction of the business, you will develop and implement strategic and budgetary plans.
- Develop robust and efficient manufacturing processes to ensure quality product is delivered on time and on budget.
- Ensuring manufacturing and facilities equipment are properly maintained to optimize OEE.
- Develop Health & Safety procedures and controls.
- Provide leadership, training, and development for the production team.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have a proven track record leading a cross-functional operation within a challenging unionised environment. In addition applicants will have:
- Degree qualification in engineering or technical discipline (Mechanical or Electrical).
- Extensive experience with people management.
- Exposure to hard unionised environments
- Proven project management experience.
- A track record implementing performance management and developing KPI's.
- Proven experience implementing a Lean Program within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lead, customer-focussed, good interpersonal skills and detail-oriented.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills as a leader but also able to behave in an ambassadorial capacity across all functions of the business.
- Ability to manage a site autonomously with accountability for all operational budgets.
- Experience in a Senior Leadership capacity.
What's on Offer
This international business offers a very competitive salary package and an clear career path to progress your career to the next level.