You are here
Join a proud Australian owned organisation renowned for producing high quality
Opportunity to have a significant impact on the organisation's success
About Our Client
Our client is an award winning organisation within the textile industry, which supplies high quality wool products to Australia and worldwide. This organisation prides itself on the quality of its product line and service to its customer base, and is looking for a driven Production Manager to join its team in South Western Sydney. Their facility boasts state of the art machinery and new products are currently being developed to increase their offering to the market.
Reporting into the Managing Director, this newly created role is responsible for coordinating production across various divisions in the organisation. This role is challenging, with quality and productivity being a primary focus, and as a result is suited to a 'hands on' manager who can think on their feet and react to changing needs.
The Production Manager will be responsible for the management and development of the production and warehouse areas, ensuring accountability towards achieving business goals and maximising efficiency. Being mechanically minded, the successful candidate will act as a change agent and will manage projects designed to increase production capacity within the facility.
You will also be responsible for production planning and prioritising schedules in order to meet customer orders, while coaching and leading staff to achieve set targets.
Other responsibilities include:
- Manage and improve the current reporting process, including implementing formal structures where necessary
- Developing continuous improvement programs to support and improve current production processes and business performance
- Planning the maintenance of machines ensuring high reliability of equipment
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures, safety standards and good house-keeping practices, developing new procedures where required
- Undertake assurance audits and improvement of quality protocols
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- Hands on experience leading production in a manufacturing environment that has a focus on high quality products
- A trade certificate or engineering background
- A textile background is desirable, however not mandatory
- Current forklift license and driver's license
- Have a proven track record of achieving results for safety, productivity and cost control, utilising continuous improvement principles
- Demonstrated capability in problem solving, with the ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing needs
- Excellent communication skills, adaptable to all levels of the organisation
- Possess strong influencing skills and be willing to lead by example
- Experience in reporting, including strong knowledge of Excel
What's on Offer
This position will offer the successful candidate a genuine opportunity to contribute to organisational success, with the potential for career progression for the right candidate.