You are here
- Excellent career opportunity to join a global Blue chip organisation
- Attractive Salary package
About Our Client
Our client is a globally recognised Chemical manufacturer based in the western suburbs of Melbourne. For decades, they have been one of the most iconic and recognisable brands on the commercial market. Due to the recent promotion of a member of the manufacturing team, the need has arisen for an experienced Production Supervisor to join their plant in West Melbourne.
- To supervise the production lines with a focused team of people who need to be trained and coached to a standard where they can meet the Company business plan of achieving a financial return on investment by maximising the efficiency and performance of the plant
- Lead a team of people, empowering them to be self motivated, develop and drive Key performance targets, provide feedback on a regular basis to the duty Shift Production Manager and communicate to the work force the team and company objectives.
- Reporting into Manufacturing Manager be totally committed to driving the plant and its people towards World class Manufacturing, reducing cost per case by working to reduce machine breakdown and changeover times. Specific focus around Continuous Improvement and implementing lean manufacturing practises culturally and operationally
- To be part of a professional, empowered team committed to providing the customer with the highest quality product with a right first time approach.
- To ensure that all company and departmental regulations and guidelines are rigorously adhered to at all times by all team members, e.g. health and safety, hygiene, evacuation procedure, dress code, plus all other relevant company policies.
- To have accountability for the people and plant on shift to include production and engineering
- To develop all team members towards improvements within the shop floor learning programmes and develop all operators to there full potential
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered for this role you must possess the following skills:
- Demonstrated leadership in the FMCG manufacturing environment
- Understanding of OH&S standards and procedures
- Sound understanding of appropriate quality standards
- Exposure with troubleshooting automated equipment
- Intermediate IT skills including MSExcel and ERP systems
- High exposure and demonstrated experience with Continuous Improvement and lean manufacturing techniques
What's on Offer
An attractive salary package is on offer to the successful candidate. Along with the opportunity to join a leading Blue chip Chemical manufacturer with massive growth potential and career progression within. You will also be joining a well established and experienced production team with a great culture.