You are here
This position is now filled
- Flexible Working Hours
- Great Offices
About Our Client
Our client is a well established financial institution that work with integrity and honesty. This role is ultimately responsible for carrying out and coordinating all projects and transformation activities to achieve outcomes and benefits outlined under the PMO.
- Leads the program team and for defining, planning and delivering a given strategic initiative.
- Ensures end results meet quality parameters with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit.
- Monitors program progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate
- Delivers large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners
- Contributes to the portfolio benefits management framework.
- Contributes to the portfolio level benefits register, ensuring that all benefits are planned, monitored and benefits realisation is tracked.
- Assesses and resolves all high priority program risks and issues as they are encountered.
- Manages all aspects of the project and program life cycle, and work with team members to oversee all phases of project completion.
- Adhere to governance standards across the portfolio
- Contributes to portfolio level Lessons Learned repository; attend Post Project Review meetings to identify key areas of improvement to be captured into the Lessons Learnt repository
- Contributes to the portfolio level risks and issues register
- Supports assurance review / health-check processes as required by the Manager, Portfolio Office.
- Ensures project and program results have an articulated scope with quantifiable business benefit.
- Manage project spend and validate financial forecasts throughout the project life cycle
- Represents the project at project governance and inter-department forums.
- Aligns projects to project methodology compliance standards set by the enterprise
The Successful Applicant
- The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Strong team leadership skills with the ability to gain respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the Project teams
- Ability to influence, motivate, and mobilise teams and business partners.
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, and unpredictability.
- Excellent task management, organisation, and team collaboration skills.
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Sound business and technology acumen with demonstrated experience supporting technology and business projects in a project management environment
- Relevant business and project management qualifications or equivalent experience
- Intermediate computer literacy, including competent use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Project software
- Proficient with Project and Portfolio Management Tools. (Visio, MS Project, Clarity, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of both Programme and Project management methods including MSP and Projects IN Controlled Environments2 (PRINCE2); equivalent methodology
- Demonstrated experience in the development and maintenance of constructive and mutually-beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Ideally you will also have:
- Demonstrated experience in program and project management, including relevant experience in financial analysis and forecasting.
What's on Offer
The Program Manager role plays a proactive role in the delivery of key business programs. The role is responsible for leading and managing the setting up of the program through to the delivery of new capabilities and the realisation of benefits.
The Program Manager role is responsible for the adherence and application of project management tools, including the enterprise portfolio management solution. This includes the development and production of reports, tracking, analysis and reporting of project-related financial and performance data. The role will also provide guidance and direction to project and program resources assigned to support their respective program.