You are here
- Great opportunity with a well known organisation
- Great career progression
About Our Client
Our client is one of Australias leading Precision equipment manufacturers and is currently undergoing significant growth and expansion. Supplying into some of the worlds leading electronic manufacturing businesses they are expanding their manufacturing facility based in Melbourne's Eastern suburbs.
Reporting into the Programs Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation of the Capital investment programme to budget and time scale, and to ensure that engineering and operator asset development including the appropriate training programme is achieved.
Other key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all aspects of Health & Safety and Welfare of yourself and your contractors/engineers in your direct control;
- Manage projects from end to end. From design specifications, prototyping, analysis, testing, production release, service support, marketing release and initial field analysis.
- Responsible for implementing the Company's Project Management guidelines, obtain approval for project plans and concepts, through the Project Management process & Stage Gate process.
- Responsible for all aspects of environmental emissions for yourself and your contractors/engineers in your direct control;
- To have a good working relationship with the management team to enable effective communication to take place;
- Control capital expenditure to budget by project;
- Working alongside a Project engineering team, General Managers, Marketing, Production Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Service. Responsible for internal and external contractors.
- Ensure an adequate and secure supply of machinery spares is retained on site, to meet the needs of the routine replacements of component and emergency breakdown;
- Improve communication to engineering and site teams on capital projects;
- Reduction in Downtime through CI and Improvement teams;
- Ensure Internal Supplier / Customer relationships and information flows are improved to deliver the production process;
- Ensure that Company Rules, collective agreements, grievances and disciplinary procedures are correctly and consistently applied, where appropriate liaising with the HR Manager.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered for this role you must be a qualified Mechanical Engineer with ideally 5 years experience within within Mechatronic design and development,
- Certified with PMP, PMBOK, PRINCE 2 or Agile
- Good negotiation and communication skills across all levels.
- Exceptional time management and prioritisation skills.
- Experience in Software & Hardware design and development is a major advantage
- Management of key manufacturing processes.
- PRINCE 2/PMBOK Project Management qualification desirable.
You will possess demonstrated industry experience successfully working with various stakeholders and have exceptional skills at working autonomously. You will also be career driven and passionate about leading projects, managing budgets, timescales and external vendors.
What's on Offer
An attractive package will be on offer to the successful candidate and also the opportunity for career progression within a well known and growing business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business with a strong pipeline of Capital investments across the sites.
If you are looking to join a business that truly invests in its people and believe that its employees are at the core of their success, this could be the role for you. There are great prospects for personal development and advancement with this company.