You are here
This position is now filled
- Project experience in an Agile environment
- Exceptional Stakeholder management capability
About Our Client
Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world's top employers.
The Group operates in more than 30 countries worldwide. First established in London in 1976, we've been bringing job seekers and employers together for more than 30 years.
We are listed on the London stock exchange and our turnover exceeds US$1 billion per year. We opened our first office in Australia in 1985 and currently have offices in all of the main business centres around the world.
- Provide hands-on project management for key projects in accordance with the PageGroup Project Management Method utilising Agile and Waterfall approaches as required.
- Responsible for all aspects of Project Management; including but not limited to management of project financials, resources, risks, issues, communication, monitoring/control, reporting, scheduling, etc.
- Manage multiple work streams, projects and milestones simultaneously.
- Chair or attend Global teleconferences on a regular basis.
- Vendor and stakeholder management, regionally and globally. Responsible for Change Control Notes (CCNs) and invoices plus the financial aspects, i.e. drafting of the Project Budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Prepare communication plans and weekly project status reports to key stakeholders and governance bodies.
- Define and manage overall quality assurance aspects to ensure project success.
- Identify and manage overall project dependencies and ensure project deliverables remain on-time, on-target and on-budget.
- Define and manage the overall project risk identification and mitigation process through interaction with project team and stakeholders.
- Identify, on a timely basis, all project barriers/issues and identify strategies and approaches to overcome these barriers.
- Define and implement the appropriate change management strategy and plans to ensure that change management concerns are addressed during and after project implementation, as well as ensuring that the project impact is sustainable and supported by the business process owners
- Act as leader, support and escalation point to Regional Project Managers working on projects/work streams.
- Create an environment and culture that the Regional Project Managers comply with to execute project deliverables. Establish RACI framework for Regional Project Managers to work in.
- Accountable for aggregated time, cost and scope of cumulative work streams/projects.
- Manage ongoing alignment of projects with other global programmes of work.
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness of the work streams/projects in addition to the delivery and execution of aggregated tasks managed by Regional Project Managers.
- Manage ongoing and long term improvements in the delivery framework/processes.
- Support and escalation point to Product Owners in relation to product improvement delivery processes including sprint scoping, build, test and deployment tasks.
The Successful Applicant
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 4 years related knowledge and experience.
- Experience working in an Agile project environment.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Project, Excel and MS Project Server.
- Exceptional attention to detail, analytical and organisational skills, including the proven ability to work effectively with remote teams, adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple IT projects.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong stakeholder and vendor management skills.
- A global perspective with the ability to understand and work effectively in a culturally diverse organisation.
- The proven ability to manage key stakeholder interests in a fast-paced culture while at the same time managing conflicting priorities and business interests.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities such as conflict/issue resolution.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) effectively with vendors, stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Ability to organise and work effectively with project teams of staff from different departments and vendors participating in this effort.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with different levels of staff and senior management across the organisation.
- Ability to carry out duties autonomously, with little direct supervision.
ATTITUDE AND BEHAVIOURS
- As the role is working on PageGroup projects, you will work as a member of a global team which necessitates chairing/attending global teleconferences on a regular basis.
- As your role within PageGroup includes operating as part of a team, you are expected to work as a team member, show appropriate behaviours and respect to all our employees and work with a spirit of co-operation.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- Project Management certification, PMP (preferred), or Prince2.
What's on Offer
This permanent position offers the successful candidate an attractive salary package and opportunity to join a global organisation and be permanently based in Sydney's CBD.