You are here
Quality & Improvements Engineer
- Market leading Australian Manufacturing business
- Fantastic opportunity for career progression
About Our Client
Our client is one of Australias leading Precision equipment manufacturers and is currently undergoing significant growth and expansion. Supplying into some of the worlds leading manufacturing businesses they are expanding their manufacturing facility based in Melbourne's Eastern suburbs. As a result of this growth, an opportunity has arisen for the requirement of additional engineers in their Quality team.
Reporting into the Quality Manager, the Design Quality Engineer will be responsible for the implementation of the Capital investment programme to budget and time scale, and to ensure that engineering and operator asset development including the appropriate training programme is achieved.
Other key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all aspects of Health & Safety and Welfare of yourself and your contractors/engineers in your direct control;
- Acting as the Quality leader, you will ensure that all the stages from concept onwards are being adhered to. From NPD, Stage Gate processes, Risk analysis.
- Liaising with the improvements team, quality team and after sales, it is crucial that design issues are identified at each stage of the process so that they can be eliminated from future projects.
- You will be the lead Quality professional through each stage of the process from early design stages through to sign off on project completion.
- There will be a large portion of Quality Auditing throughout each process to identify Non conformances and implement corrective actions and identify Preventative measures.
- Liaise across all departments and advise on GMP and best practice.
- Responsible for all aspects of environmental emissions for yourself and your contractors/engineers in your direct control;
- To have a good working relationship with the management team to enable effective communication to take place;
- Provide progress reports to all departments and offer performance reviews.
- Working alongside an engineering team, Operations team, Product team, After Sales.
- Ensure that Company Rules, collective agreements, grievances and disciplinary procedures are correctly and consistently applied, where appropriate liaising with the HR Manager.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered for this role you must be a qualified Engineer with ideally 5 years experience within within Manufacturing,
- A creative planner with excellent multi tasking and prioritsing skills
- Define prioritise and review plans and effectively manage processes to recognise and reduce potential barriers.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Demonstrate good teamwork skills and define clear action plans.
You will possess demonstrated industry experience successfully working autonomously. You will also be career driven and passionate about leading projects, managing timelines and people.
What's on Offer
An attractive package will be on offer to the successful candidate and also the opportunity for career progression within a well known and growing business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business with a strong pipeline of Capital investments across the sites.
If you are looking to join a business that truly invests in its people and believe that its employees are at the core of their success, this could be the role for you. There are great prospects for personal development and advancement with this company.