You are here
Western Suburbs Melbourne
- Well established business
- Leading ingredient supplier
About Our Client
Our client is a leading supplier of ingredients to the food industry acorss Australia.
- Management of the site QA function including the laboratory on a day to day basis
- Lead the HACCP system to co-ordinate and maintain a live HACCP document that is subject to annual review as a minimum.
- Ensure all CCP's are monitored and recorded at appropriate frequencies.
- Ensure that validation, verification and reviews are carried out when required
- Pro-active in driving the continuous development of QA & QM systems
- Work in conjunction with the technical team to ensure all factory paperwork is kept up to date and issued in a timely manner. This includes recipes, packing specifications, monitoring records, Quality Standards and other specifications
- Control and maintenance of site internal auditing schedules, carrying out audits on factory and systems as appropriate
- In conjunction with the technical team, carry out investigations into raw material issues liaising with suppliers and production where appropriate
- Ensure testing requirements are carried out as per customer and site requirements
- Management of the site Corrective Action system ensuring all non-conformities are recorded, investigated to determine root cause, and ensuring that corrective and preventive actions are closed out in a timely manner Assist the Technical Manager with Enforcement Officer (EHOs and TSOs) enquiries and visits
- Support the implementation of procedures and preparation for external audits (BRC and customer)
- Uphold responsibility for Food Safety and Quality and Legality, ensuring arrangements are implemented within all areas of control, internally and externally.
- Ensure all related personnel are adequately informed and instructed, and that activities within the appropriate areas are monitored and controlled
The Successful Applicant
- Degree qualified in a scientific or technical discipline
- Proven track record and experience of working in a food manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in modern day quality and food safety systems including HACCP
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well at all levels
- Track record of running a team
- Highly organised, self-motivated individual possessing drive and skills to promote continuous improvement
- Proactive approach to problem solving for continuous improvement
- Auditing qualifications
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Australia's oldest food manufacturer and form part of the senior leadership team.