You are here
- Immediately required
- Technical, Quality
About Our Client
A market leading Food Manufacturing business is looking for a Site Quality Manager to join their team in Melbourne's North. The business manufactures some of Australia's most recognisable brands and a very high reputation.
- Manage the QA systems relating to HACCP CODEX and ISO to ensure accreditation's are maintained. Further refines systems and processes to encompass the requirements of current and future customers.
- Ensure the product integrity and compliance to the product specifications at all times in manufacturing and implement set of Standard Operating Procedure's required, including food safety procedures.
- Is informed, diligent and spends an appropriate amount of time on the factory floor to ensure absolute compliance.
- Reviews, guides, mentors and trains factory staff in required duties to ensure that the quality control procedures meet and exceed the required expectations.
- Coordinates analysis required for routine testing of both raw material and finished goods to ensure compliance with product specifications. Sets corrective actions immediately if required with production supervisors and floor staff.
- Responsible for release of products from QA hold.
- Retains ongoing samples and advises on shelf life stability.
- Directly managers and investigates consumer complaints as required by the customer service manager.
- Diligently reviews all customer complaints and responds in 48 hrs on high level complaints.
- Trains, develops and manages directly site Quality assurance personnel. Assist and defines key requirements.
- Develops and maintains departmental budget.
- Maintains a proactive and constructive approach and works in cohesion with production managers and planners, in maintaining the highest possible volume output that meets the required product standards, in a safe manner.
- Keeps and records all relevant information and is diligent with all required reporting and administration duties. This will include the accuracy of record keeping, along with documented follow up actions and future activity plans.
- Supports and participates in Continuous Improvement activities on site.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in your application for Technical Manager, you must have the following:
- Ideally qualified in a relevant technical food qualification.
- You will have minimum 5 years experience of working in technical management roles within the food manufacturing industry.
Qualified in HACCP
- Advanced food hygiene
- A good working knowledge of HACCP and BRC principles as well as quality management systems
- Must have a good knowledge of quality management systems, microbiology and good manufacturing practice.
- Must have an experience of leading Technical, QA and Hygiene functions.
- You will have demonstrable experience of working with major retailers and hands on experience of leading retailer audits and visits
- Will be able to demonstrate how they have improved quality performance in their current/most recent role, introducing change.
- Knowledge of BRC / retailer Quality Management Systems/ Codes of Practise essential
What's on Offer
$100,000 - $120,000 Package