You are here
Regional Operations Manager
- International company
- Senior leadership role
About Our Client
Our client is a subsidiary of an international public company which designs and manufactures specialised made to order engineered steel products in Melbourne which are sold into a wide range of industries with materials handling applications. This is a strategic hire to take on a key business role and implement operational excellence to deliver acceptable results in manufacturing and product engineering by significantly improving the business.
Reporting to the Managing Director and as a member of the management team you will be responsible for directing and managing manufacturing in Australia with overall responsibilities for production, quality, maintenance, product engineering, and the warehouse. You will also have an oversight and functional role over two other smaller factories in the region. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) include health and safety, profitability, on-time delivery performance, lead times, cost reductions, productivity, number and cost of customer complaints, number and cost of internal quality problems, workforce morale and productivity, 5S progress. You will be expected to manage operations tightly, prepare annual and strategic plans, and present progress regularly to local and global managers.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline and proven experience managing supply chain activities
- Knowledge and exposure to lean principles a significant advantage
- Extensive project management and organisational skills
- Thorough understanding of all functional areas of a manufacturing business.
- Capital budgeting and asset management knowledge
- Thorough understanding of factory cost accounting and financial skills
- Approachable, excellent communication and strong leadership skills
- Leadership presence and proven ability to contribute at the leadership table
What's on Offer
In return you will be offered an attractive salary package including performance incentives.