You are here
Risk & Compliance Officer
- Risk and Compliance Advisor
- Exciting and challanging role
About Our Client
St John of God Health Care (SJGHC) is a leading health care provider, with private hospitals, home nursing, pathology and Social Outreach services throughout Australia, New Zealand, and the wider Asia-Pacific region. As a Catholic, not-for-profit group, St John of God invest in the communities they serve by updating and expanding their facilities and technology; expanding existing services and developing and acquiring new services; and providing Social Outreach services to people experiencing disadvantage to improve health and well-being.
With over 118 years' experience in health care, they have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
Reporting to the Group Compliance Manager & the Group Manager Risk & Assurance you will be primarily responsible for the ongoing implementation and enhancement of a robust and effective Group Risk & Compliance framework (GRC) and the delivery of a professional and independent risk assurance and compliance program.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited too;
- Maintaining and enhancing SJGHC's GRC framework including assisting in its implementation, monitoring, revision and its integration.
- Leading compliance review workshops and identifying compliance vulnerabilities and/or failures, working with relevant obligation owners to develop/implement corrective action plans, controls, and remediation strategies.
- Leading risk assessment workshops and identifying the operational and strategic risks at both an organisational and divisional level.
- Identifying opportunities to establish consistency in compliance plans by adoption of Group-level approaches to common obligations and liaise with obligation owners to implement recommendations.
- Facilitating reviews and updates to Divisional compliance registers.
- Liaising with sponsors and external service providers to ensure delivery of the Internal Audit annual plan to budget and schedule.
- Preparing draft reporting for submission to the Board, Group Management Committee (GMC) and Audit and Risk Committee, as well as ad hoc reviews and updates as and when required, e.g. for nominated major projects and new divisions.
- Engaging across SJGHC to ensure that the GRC program is adequately promoted, maintained and supported throughout the organisation; including training delivery to the divisions to assist in the embedment of a strong risk and compliance culture and understanding.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must have previous experience in a compliance, risk management, assurance or audit role with the ability to work within and contribute to the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care. You must be a team focused self-driven individual displaying initiative, pragmatism, a commercial thought process and be a positive driver of change.
The successful applicant will also demonstrate:
- Commercial experience and expertise in GRC frameworks, policies, strategies and tools.
- Proven high level written and verbal communication skills and a proven ability to liaise, negotiate, consult with and influence a broad range of key stakeholders, including at an executive level.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and deliver within expected time frames.
- Well-developed consultation and transparent decision making skills.
- Previous experience in a compliance, risk management, assurance or audit role within the health sector is preferably although not essential and candidates from all industries will be considered.
What's on Offer
- Salary Packaging
- Flexible Work Options
- Professional Development